Start Date: June 24th 2022
End Date: September 3rd 2022
Location: Belwood, Ontario
Belwood Lodge and Camp is a camp for people with intellectual disabilities. Belwood Lodge and Camp is located just outside of Fergus, Ontario on beautiful Belwood Lake. Belwood Lodge and Camp first opened in 1946 and has had a strong reputation as a place for people with all abilities to feel safe and at home. Belwood Lodge and Camp prides itself on the quality camp experience provided to campers. Campers at Belwood Lodge and Camp include children, teens, and adults.
Belwood Lodge and Camp is seeking Cabin Counsellors to help foster positivity and fun at Camp. Cabin Counsellors are responsible for fostering an inclusive environment and helping facilitate camp programming throughout the day with other staff.
What we are looking for:
- Positive mindset
- An interest in working with people with disabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment
- CPR- C Certification
- Camp experience an asset
- NLS certification an asset
What you will receive from us:
- Development and strengthening of leadership skills
- A fun filled work environment
- Opportunity to utilize your creativity and foster it in others
- Develop and strengthen teamwork skills
- Impact people from a variety of backgrounds
- Belwood Lodge and Camp has put into place COVID-19 precautions to keep all staff and campers safe.
Pay starts at $370 per week
Expected start date: 2022-06-24
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
All staff and campers are required to be fully vaccinated to come to camp. Belwood Lodge and Camp has made extensive protocols to keep all staff and campers safe while at Belwood Lodge and Camp.