Baker (Assistant Cook)
The Assistant Cook is an important leader with the kitchen staff team. Their main responsibilities are baking desserts and doing the prep work for meals such as making salads and chopping veggies. The Assistant Cook assists in cooking, serving and putting away food under the Cook’s direction. When the Cook is off, the Assistant Cook takes over the Cook’s duties. The Assistant Cook reports to the Head Cook, Assistant Director and Director.
Dates: June 25 – August 28, 2021
- Responsible to the Cook, Assistant Director and Director
- Assist in the cooking, serving and putting away of food under the Cook’s direction.
- Take over the Cook’s duties when the Cook is on day off
- Plan and prepare all camp desserts
- Be aware of any food needs and special dietary requests
- Keep track of camper birthdays and bake birthday cakes as requested by the camper
- Meet with the Cook and Kitchen Assistant Daily to plan the next day’s meals and food run
- Complete all Staff Training activities and requirements
- Abide by all Camp Policies for the duration of your contract
- Maintain good health and take the appropriate time for self-care during the summer
- Other duties as assigned
- 18+ years old
- Food Handler’s Certification
- Experience cooking a variety of meals
- Experience working in a kitchen environment
- Good organizational skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, reliable and responsible
Founded in 1955, Camp Mi-A-Kon-Da is a traditional summer camp for girls ages 7-16. The camp is situated on Birch Island, a 23-acre private island on Lake Wah Wash Kesh near Parry Sound, Ontario.
Send Resume, Cover Letter and References to: