YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Wellness Coordinator, Full Time
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
May 31-September 5, 2021
Please note that the date for resuming Camp Stephens operations remains unknown at this time.
Public health restrictions and/or operational requirements may prevent our re-opening in 2021.
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As the Wellness Coordinator, you will provide expertise, experience and skills specific to the operation of the Camp Stephens Wellness Centre.
Are you the right fit?
- Provide leadership, training and role modeling to all employees and volunteers
- Provide wellness education and awareness
- Assess and treat campers and staff attending the Wellness Centre
- Report injuries and incidents to appropriate parties
- Maintain logs of all attendees of the Wellness Centre
- Maintain a log of medications dispensed
- Contact parents of campers with health related issues
- Manage health checks for all campers
- Manage budget and inventory of first aid supplies
What else do you need?
- Standard First Aid
- Bronze Cross (NL preferred)
- 80 hour Wilderness First Responder or
Nursing (2nd or 3rd year) or licensed Paramedic
Submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
position open until filled
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.