Assistant Wilderness Coordinator
Assistant Wilderness Coordinator, Full Time
New hire-$98.33 per day & Returning staff-$103.33 per day
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
May 24–September 1, 2023 (subject to change)
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As the Assistant Wilderness Coordinator you will provide leadership on the planning and implementation of the trail program.
Are you the right fit?
- Provide leadership and role modeling to all employees and volunteers
- Manage and assign wilderness trip routes and logistics for trips from 1 to 5 nights in length
- Ensure camping industry and Y safety standards and policies are implemented and practiced
- Assist in the training, supervising and evaluation of all wilderness staff
- Manage equipment and food supply inventory
- Ensure tripping equipment remains in excellent working condition
What else do you need?
- Minimum Class 5F License or equivalent
- 40 hour Wilderness First Aid & CPR Level C
- Bronze Cross
- Prior experience leading trips
- Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid exemption
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Paddle Canada Certification
- Paddle Canada Instructor (Canoe Tripping or Moving Water)
- Food Handler’s Certificate
Submit your cover letter and resume by December 30, 2022 to: email@example.com