Assistant Wilderness Coordinator
YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Assistant Wilderness Coordinator, Full Time
New hire-$98.33 per day & Returning staff-$103.33 per day
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
June 13–September 2, 2022 (subject to change)
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As the Assistant Wilderness Coordinator you will provide leadership on the planning and implementation of the trail program.
Are you the right fit?
• Provide leadership and role modeling to all employees and volunteers
• Manage and assign wilderness trip routes and logistics for trips from 1 to 5 nights in length
• Ensure camping industry and Y safety standards and policies are implemented and practiced
• Assist in the training, supervising and evaluation of all wilderness staff
• Manage equipment and food supply inventory
• Ensure tripping equipment remains in excellent working condition
What else do you need?
• Minimum Class 5F License or equivalent
• 40 hour Wilderness First Aid & CPR Level C
• Bronze Cross
• Prior experience leading trips
• Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid exemption
• National Lifeguard (NL)
• Paddle Canada Certification
• Paddle Canada Instructor (Canoe Tripping or Moving Water)
• Food Handler’s Certificate
Submit your cover letter and resume by December 17, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully immunized against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption.