Assistant Head of Waterfront
OLYMPIA SPORTS CAMP
Position: Assistant Head of Waterfront
Location: 2400 Limberlost Road, Huntsville, Ontario, P1H 2J6
Employment: Summer 2024
Reports to: Waterfront Director
Overview of Olympia & Waterfront
Olympia Sports Camp is a world-class, up-beat, dynamic and safe environment, where campers learn to participate and share in a community that focuses on positive energy and peer encouragement.
- Stay alert and respond swiftly to perform rescues and offer aid when necessary.
- Participate in the training of waterfront staff to ensure they are well-prepared for their roles.
- Maintain proper staffing levels and schedules for each shift to ensure smooth operations.
- Represent the waterfront team during emergencies and drills.
- Collaborate in the organization of staff appreciation events to boost team morale.
- Offer recognition and constructive feedback to staff members during their shifts.
- Plan and assign daily tasks based on operational needs and goals, delegating these tasks to staff and overseeing their completion.
- Identify and create growth opportunities for experienced staff members.
- Represent the Tuck department at Coaches meetings, where you’ll discuss policy and schedule Regattas.
- Serve as the Tuck department representative at Opening Ceremonies.
- Ensure that all program equipment is well-organized, clean, and safe for use.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and safety of all safety equipment.
- Set a positive example through your behavior, upholding the values of Olympia.
- Actively supervise and motivate staff to achieve their best performance.
- Fill in for the roles of head guard or guards when shortages occur.
- Assume the roles and duties of the Director in their absence.
- Experience in a supervisory or management role is preferred
- Lifeguarding experience in an outdoor or lake setting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to lift weight of 25 lbs
- National Lifeguard-Pool (minimum) or National Lifeguard-Waterfront (asset)
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (Boating Licence) or willingness to obtain
- Minimum 750 hours of on-job lifeguard experience
- Red Cross Swim Instructor (or equivalent) considered an asset
- Lifesaving Society Lifesaving Instructor considered an asset
- G2 or G licence (or international equivalent) preferred
- Clean Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
Our commitment to you:
- We fully support all Health and Dietary Concerns – we have 3 nurses, a doctor and 4 athletic therapists available to you throughout the summer as well as a supportive kitchen staff
- Downtime from 10:30-1am every night, aside from occasional supervisory duty, to catch up with staff, relax or participate in programs. Gym, fitness center & counsellor lounge available.
- You will share a room with one other senior staff member.
- You will get a day off each week. Every Saturday, there will be a bus into town as well as incredibly fun counsellor programs.
If you are interested in the job, please apply to Our Team | Olympia Sports Camp