Assistant Head of Canoe
Contract Dates: June 16th – August 21st, 2022
Salary: Starting at 500$ CAD per week depending on experience.
Who we are :
Camp Ouareau is an all-girl’s summer camp situated in Canada with a unique language program that gives campers from a range of different backgrounds the chance to develop their skills and connect with others in a second language. Just north of Montréal, Ouareau is nestled between the Lanaudière mountains, the ideal place to practice your French (or English!), to work on leadership skills, to be a part of a dynamic and empowering team of women while taking advantage of the camp’s lakeside location!
As Assistant Head of Canoe, you would also be a camp counsellor. Together with another staff member, you will be responsible for caring for a group of eight campers. You will wake them up and help them get ready for the day, and then look after them in the evenings and before bed. During the four activity periods each day, you will spend your time either teaching swim lessons or supporting activities as a lifeguard.
- Developing a safe waterfront that offers a well-rounded program of instructional and recreational activities;
- Assisting in the teaching of Canoeing skills;
- Surveillance of canoeing areas during recreational programs;
- Strict adherence to the Quebec Camping Association/National Lifeguarding Society pool/waterfront regulations;
- On-going evaluation of Canoe programs;
- Assist in special days with other program staff and participate in activities such as short canoe trips, night duties, and meals.
- Ensuring that activities run smoothly;
- Motivating campers in ways that help them gain responsibility, organizational skills and independence;
- Prioritizing the physical and emotional safety of campers at all times.
- 18+ years old
- Available from June 16th to August 21st 2022;
- Interest in working with children ages 6-15;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Lifeguarding certification (NLS and/or Beach NLS, or equivalent qualification) preferred;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Have or plan to obtain certification in first aid (CPR-AED) issued by a legally recognized organization;
- Ability to communicate efficiently in French and English.
- Option to receive training for NLS Beach and Waterfront;
- Opportunity to work on personal skills such as leadership, communication, language;
- Participate in a community that aims at uplifting and empowering young girls and women.
Housing and Meals : You will be sharing a rustic cabin with 3-9 other people and all meals will be provided by Camp Ouareau.
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions! We look forward to meeting you 🙂
To apply, follow this link : https://www.en.ouareau.com/join-our-team