Assistant Head Cook (Sous Chef)
Apply here: https://cavespringscamp.campbrainstaff.com/
Job Summary: Our Assistant Head Cook works closely with the Head Cook in the supervision and coordination of all kitchen activities. They ensure all kitchen regulations are followed, prepare on going meals and snacks, and contribute to the training and support of kitchen staff.
Terms: 40 hrs/week: July 1 to September 1, 2023. Salary: $5760.
- Follow Cave Springs Camp and Niagara Public Health food handling and kitchen sanitation standards and requirements.
- Assist with food storage according to all camp standards.
- Assist the Head Cook with menu creation and adjustments.
- Assist the Head Cook with the procurement of all food, as needed.
- Assist the Head Cook with the preparation of all food, as instructed or assigned.
- Carefully follow the camp nut and allergy policies.
- Assist the Head Cook in providing menu alternatives for campers and staff with special food needs.
- Work with the kitchen team to provide meals on time and with sufficient quantities.
- Assist the Head Cook with the maintenance ofn stock levels of all kitchen supplies.
- Operate and maintain all kitchen equipment according to manufacturer instructions and safety guidelines.
- Act as a positive role-model for staff, campers, volunteers, and others associated with the camping program.
- Act as a role-model for personal self-care, including health and well-being.
- Supervise, guide and work together with all kitchen staff, as directed by the Head Cook.
- Model and uphold all community norms and expectations.
- Model and facilitate a positive, supportive and encouraging atmosphere in the kitchen team.
- Assist program team with designing and preparing camp activities, as available and assigned.
- Provide leadership, support, and assistance with camp activities as assigned.
- Provide camper support and leadership as assigned.
- Fill in for counselling and program staff as assigned.
- Provide a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for all campers and staff.
- Communicate effectively with staff members, senior leaders and the directing team.
- Maintain confidentiality for all camper and staff private information.
- Set personal goals and engage in ongoing self reflection and growth.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.