Assistant Head Cook
The Assistant Head Cook assists with the ongoing work and supervision of the kitchen to ensure that the kitchen runs in a safe and smooth manner. They assist with ordering food and ensuring that campers and staff receive healthy and tasty meals. They provide supervision and direction in the kitchen, as assigned by the Head Chef, ensuring that all kitchen staff have what they need to be successful. They are a senior staff member who is a role model and leader for the staff team.
Term: Full-time 10 weeks: June 24 to August 30, 2024. $640/week.
- Follow Cave Springs Camp and Niagara Public Health food handling and kitchen sanitation standards and requirements.
- Assist with food storage according to all camp standards.
- Assist the Head Cook with menu creation and adjustments.
- Assist the Head Cook with the procurement of all food, as needed.
- Assist the Head Cook with the preparation of all food, as instructed or assigned.
- Carefully follow the camp nut and allergy policies.
- Assist the Head Cook in providing menu alternatives for campers and staff with special food needs.
- Work with the kitchen team to provide meals on time and with sufficient quantities.
- Assist the Head Cook with the maintenance ofn stock levels of all kitchen supplies.
- Operate and maintain all kitchen equipment according to manufacturer instructions and safety guidelines.
- Act as a positive role-model for staff, campers, volunteers, and others associated with the camping program.
- Act as a role-model for personal self-care, including health and well-being.
- Supervise, guide and work together with all kitchen staff, as directed by the Head Cook.
- Model and uphold all community norms and expectations.
- Model and facilitate a positive, supportive and encouraging atmosphere in the kitchen team.
- Assist program team with designing and preparing camp activities, as available and assigned.
- Provide leadership, support, and assistance with camp activities as assigned and available.
- Provide camper support and leadership as assigned and available.
- Fill in for counselling and program staff as assigned.
- Provide a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for all campers and staff.
- Communicate effectively with staff members, senior leaders and the directing team.
- Maintain confidentiality for all camper and staff private information.
- Set personal goals and engage in ongoing self reflection and growth.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Ontario Food Handler’s Certificate (optional)
- Standard First Aid (optional)
- Experience working in a kitchen setting
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and team members
Please apply through our website.
Information about all the positions available, as well as about Cave Springs Camp in general, can be found on our website: https://cavespringscamp.on.ca/become-camp-staff/positions/
Should you have any questions, please feel free to send us an email and we’d be happy to help.
Successful applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview with the Directing Team. Thank you for your interest in working at Cave Springs Camp!