Assistant Director of Camp Life and Marketing
Job Posting: Assistant Director of Camp Life and Marketing
Camp Kandalore currently has an opportunity for an
Assistant Director of Camp Life and Marketing
Full-time – 5 month contract (possibility of extension)
WELCOME TO KANDALORE
Camp Kandalore helps kids to know and be themselves. We believe in authenticity of character; that challenging our campers develops resilience and independence; that the outdoors is an ideal environment where kids can learn and have fun; that an accepting environment promotes belonging and connection; and that our facilitators and staff inspire our campers. Most importantly, we believe that a positive camp culture leads to highly transformative experiences for young people.
Kandalore has long been regarded as one of the leading camps in Canada. The Camp prides itself on its warm and supportive community where children are made to feel included in the camp culture. The supportive nature of the camp allows for the campers to try new activities and develop new skills with the help of caring staff members. Kandalore operates as a summer camp in the summer months and an outdoor education centre hosting groups from September to June.
Founded in 1947, Camp Kandalore is one of Canada’s leading summer camps, providing the best of both canoe tripping and contemporary in-camp activities. All campers benefit from Kandalore’s outstanding canoe tripping program, whether for an overnight or a 24-day white water river expedition. Kandalore delivers a beyond expectations level of individualised client service and engagement to as many parents and campers as possible, in as meaningful a way as possible. Our goal is to cause them to be so impressed that they spread broadly by word of mouth the perceived quality and value.
Our team is highly engaged and committed to excellence in camping and outdoor and experiential education. Working at Kandalore means you believe in supporting a camp culture that values participation, kindness and respect, and the power of the outdoors for young people. Our exceptional team is the reason we provide outstanding experiences to our campers and visitors. Kandalore’s foundation for success is attracting and retaining employees who thrive in our dynamic team and recognizes individual strengths and talents.
Reporting to the Camp Director, the Assistant Director Camp Life and Marketing will manage …
- Work with the Director Team to develop themes, strategies and targets for communications and marketing for the year – have one individualised connection per month (ex. Welcome to camp card upon registration, good luck with the start of school email, holiday card in December, etc.)
- Seek new promotional and marketing opportunities
- Respond immediately to all inquiries and complete follow ups via email and phone for information sessions or home visits
- Record all communications with inquiries in Camp Brain’s Contact Log
- Follow up with pending applications once a week
- Developing relationships with each new family that registers via letters, phone calls, invitations to information sessions, answering questions
- Contact all returning families sending them handwritten postcards upon registering
- Brainstorm ways to connect campers outside of summer months (ex. Senior Girl Trivia, social media events, volunteerism, etc.)
- Develop, execute and summarise camp survey for the summer
- Identify priority campers who require further follow up
- Engage families and campers at least twice a week on each platform (Instagram and Facebook)
- Represent Kandalore at a number of information sessions, camp fairs, sponsorship events and staff recruiting fairs
- Promoting and representing home visits to inquiries and new families
- Play an active role in staff hiring and role appointment
- Coordinate with AD Program to update staff files in the fall with all evaluations from the summer
- Assist the Director in Sectional Staffing and Staff Accommodations
- Play a support role to the Assistant Director – Operations with the allocation of camper accommodations
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience in a Senior Manager role, strong organisational and communication skills
- Experience with camper care and staff recruitment
- Creative innovation and a willingness to push boundaries and test new marketing and social media strategies to increase brand awareness
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders through a variety of channels
- Adept at relationship building
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Seasonal accommodations located at Camp Kandalore, Algonquin Highlands
- Training opportunities
- A collaborative, engaging and fun community
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
If you or someone you know wants to join the Kandalore team, please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application matters to us and we will review it carefully. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, both a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
Kandalore website: www.kandalore.com
At Camp Kandalore, we recognize that our work takes place on traditional, ancestral land that has been inhabited by Indigenous people for thousands of years. We are located on Treaty 20 territory, known as the Williams Treaties First Nations: Curve Lake, Rama, Hiawatha, Alderville, Scugog Island, Beausoleil and Georgina Island First Nations. Kandalore canoe trips also travel through many traditional Indigenous territories across the provinces, predominantly through Treaty 9, Nishnawbe Aski Nation. We respect their past, present, and future generations, the land, and their traditions. We are grateful for the opportunity to gather, learn, and travel on these lands and waterways.