Assistant Director (Full Time)
Responsible to: Associate Director and/or Executive Director
To achieve and sustain the highest standards of excellence in camper care, innovative programming and Jewish identity building in order to ensure that all campers and staff grow, thrive and have fun at Camp Northland by making lifelong friends, buildings life-skills, appreciating nature and respecting one another.
- Support all aspects of camp operations and logistics
- Leadership, attention and dedication to all programs (effectively functioning as the Program Director during the operating season) and year-round programmatic engagement.
- Exhibit a spirit of cooperation, flexibility and commitment to the camp leadership team relationship and the mission and vision of Camp Northland and The Jewish Camp Council of Toronto
- Support summer preparation and implementation, including but not limited to inventory, purchasing, organization, setup, and any other related tasks, at camp’s discretion
- Work with seasonal program team, overseeing daily camp schedule, creation, planning, coordination and execution of camp programs
- Support staffing processes, including marketing summer positions, interview administration, interview follow ups, contract administration
- Support programs to support and develop summer staff team, including staff recs, professional development, and education
- Assist and support with the creation, planning, coordination and implementation of camp programs, both summer and year-round
- Work with admin team to oversee collection, organization, and tracking of all important documents and paperwork from staff and campers
- Oversee and coordinate all logistics relating to rental groups, including but not limited to catering, maintenance, program, customer service
- Work onsite (Haliburton) with rental groups, serving as the camp liaison to rental groups with a focus on customer service/support through rental season
- Oversight and liaison to the kitchen staff/caterer, management and oversight of staff administration including time off, management of camp visitors and special programs on and off site
- Support year round marketing initiatives, including social media and basic graphic design
- Embody the Camp Northland mission/vision and truly represent the camp as a leader within the camp, and the camp
- Job responsibilities are subject to change, at camp’s discretion
- Commitment to the mission, vision and core values of Camp Northland and The Jewish Camp Council of Toronto
- Effective organizational, administrative, and time management abilities with attention to detail;
- Must have clean driving record and valid license as there will be some driving required.
- Must have first aid/CPR certification and able to provide a vulnerable sector reference and/or criminal record check as part of the application process.
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- High level of enthusiasm for having a positive impact on the camp community;
- A meaningful understanding of camping in Canada is preferred;
- Ability to work collaboratively with others;
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability;
- Ability to accept guidance
- Ability to self-manage high workload volumes and changing priorities in a team environment;
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft
- Familiarity with CampMinder and Bloomerang (or similar donor CRM) is a strong asset
- Demonstrated high proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Office 365, basic accounting and banking, database management
- Stamina, energy and enthusiasm to sustain a fast-paced schedule and to juggle the multiple events, schedules and budgets of camp
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role or related and applicable work experience
- Planning and Organizing – Manages multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities. Anticipates obstacles and demonstrates judgment and flexibility to adjust as required.
- Results Orientation – Demonstrates a focus on finishing all tasks in a timely manner while taking complete ownership of tasks with attention to detail.
- Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements. Can collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
- Service Orientation – Strives for excellence, delivering the highest quality care and resources possible to those we serve.
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity; adapts communication to respond to audience or situational requirements.
- Innovative & “Can Do” Attitude – Able to think creatively to develop new solutions that meet current and future needs. Looking to grow and learn within the camp context and as part of Camp Northland, with an outlook that is positive, assertive and flexible, striving to take on challenges with a sense that “I can do it”.
- Problem Solving – Possesses the ability to break a situation/task down into smaller pieces to identify key issues, figuring out cause and effect relationships in order to problem-solve. Initiative and ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions/options, particularly when confronted with ambiguity and a high degree of change.
Compensation: Camp Northland offers competitive compensation and benefits.
To Apply: Qualified candidates may apply by March 18, 2022 to Simon Wolle, Executive Director by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include at a minimum your resume, a letter explaining why you would be an excellent candidate for this position, and two letters of recommendation. Creative portfolios, supplemental dynamic videos, social media links, or links to prior work products, are welcomed and encouraged. All held in confidence. Early submission is encouraged, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Camp Northland is committed to employment equity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. If you require an accommodation at any point during the hiring/employment process please let us know as we will work with you to meet your needs. All responses will be handled with strict confidence.