Assistant Director (FULL TIME)
Moorelands Camp Assistant Director – FULL TIME.
You love summer camp, you have outdoor skills & you want to make a career out of your experience!
General: Reporting to the Camp Director, the Assistant Director assists in leading and managing Moorelands Camp a leadership based program that provides children and youth with economic barriers with a wilderness camping experience designed to develop their personal leadership by build their competence, confidence, character and making positive connections with caring adult leaders and role models.
- Related degree or diploma from recognized university, college or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience administering and leading an organized children’s camp or related program
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, organizational, training, and supervisory skills
- NLS or Challenge Course training certification an asset
- Working knowledge of Ontario Camps Association (OCA) standards is preferred.
- Quality and Safety: Ensures that Moorelands Camp meets OCA standards and adheres to the principles, goals, and mandate of Moorelands Community Services; Implements the crisis management plan; oversees camper weeks; oversees facility rentals.
- HR experience: Recruits, trains, directs, supervises, mentors and evaluates staff and volunteers
- Program Development: Implements, oversees and evaluates developmentally appropriate programming, updates manuals.
- Administration: Assists with camper recruitment, registration process, camper reports and evaluations. Responsible for the timely preparation and submission of required reports, payroll documentation, and other paperwork.
- Connecting, outreach, and liaising: Participates in community outreach, liaises with partner and referring organizations and camper families
- Is a positive role model and leader
- Provides leadership to the organization’s Holiday Sharing program
- Other duties as assigned
Lives on site at Moorelands Camp in Dorset, Ontario June 1 to August 31, September to June works from the Toronto office with hybrid options.
Ready to Apply?
E-mail your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and fit for the role to our Camp Director, David Borsook, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions can also be directed to this email address.
Learn more at https://www.moorelands.ca