Wanted: Assistant Director
Are you interested in spending your summer on a lake in Algonquin Park? Do you have a passion for the outdoors? If so, then you should come be a part of the Taylor Statten Camps staff team!
The Taylor Statten Camps are Canada’s oldest fourth generational family-run traditional summer camp. We are located on Canoe Lake in Algonquin Provincial Park. The camp is made up of Camp Wapomeo for Girls and Camp Ahmek for Boys. Our camper’s age varies from 6 – 16.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Director for Camp Ahmek.
The Assistant Director (AD) position has many responsibilities but the main function is to provide support to the Director and help keep the camp running smoothly in all areas of the operation. This will be, but not limited to, administration, day-to-day logistics, staff and camper support etc. The Assistant Director is responsible for facilitating the lines of communication between Ahmek and Wapomeo as well as between the respective camps and the business office. The Assistant Director is expected to ensure that the camp is clean, work closely with the Section Directors as well as the Support Staff and to fill in wherever needed throughout the summer.
- Support Director
- Support staff support and program staff senior supervisor
- Trouble shoot on-site issues from logistics to travel to program needs
- Review OCA Accreditation and Health & Safety action items
- Attend various camper and staff meetings with Director
- Take the lead on any camp special events
- Make sure camp is presentable
- Check in with the office multiple times every day
- Review Policies & Procedures and implement where needed
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Bronze Cross or Greater is considered an asset
- Emergency First Aid & CPR “B”or Greater is an asset
- Pleasure Craft Operator’s License is an asset
- Compensation varies depending on the position and experience. All positions include room, board, laundry and use of facilities.
Dates of employment: Late June – Late August
Interested candidates are encouraged to use the online application process found at www.taylorstattencamps.com
Or contact us at the Toronto Office: 416 486 6959