ABOUT MOORELANDS CAMP
Tucked away on 45 acres of sandy beaches and dense forests, accessible only by boat is Moorelands Camp. Each summer we serve over 600 economically disadvantaged children and youth from Toronto. It is our desire to see each child enjoy nature, gain social skills and experience personal growth; we do that through our intentional programs.
Working at Moorelands is demanding, challenging and rewarding! Our staff are positive, enthusiastic team players who put the needs of others before their own. They are ready for the challenge of being a strong influence, a consistent role model, and mentor to the youth that come to Moorelands.
Reporting to the Camp Director(s), the Assistant Director leads and manages Moorelands Camp which provides low-income children from Toronto with a wilderness camping experience designed build their competence, confidence, character and make positive connections with caring adults.
- Ensures that the camp meets OCA standards and adheres to the principles, goals, and mandate of Moorelands Community Services
- Assists with recruiting, training, directing, supervising, mentoring and evaluating staff and volunteers
- Develops, implements, oversees and evaluates developmentally appropriate programming
- Assists in the camper recruitment, registration process, camper reports and evaluations
- Participates in community outreach
- Liaises with partner and referring organizations and camper families
- Responsible for the timely preparation and submission of required reports, payroll documentation, and other paperwork
- Implements crisis management plan including emergency procedures
- Updates program manuals as needed
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of camp report, evaluation, and recommendations by September 15th.
- Acts as positive role model and leader
- Lives on site at Moorelands Camp from June 1 to August 31
- Oversees (in assistance to the Camp Director) camper weeks and rentals
- Delivers outreach presentations to interested groups including parents, schools and donors with the Camp Director
- Provides leadership to the organization’s Christmas Sharing Program by assisting the Camp Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Related degree or diploma from recognized university or college or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role with an organized children’s camp or related program
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, organizational, training, and supervisory skills.
- Standard First Aid with CPR “C” (can be obtained after job offer)
Please note that the following qualifications are NOT REQUIRED but will be considered an asset to your application:
- Working knowledge of Ontario Camps Association (OCA) standards
- National Lifeguard certification
- Level 2 or higher High Ropes Certification
- WFA or WFR
- Crisis Intervention Training
SALARY AND OTHER INFORMATION
The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $48,000 per year and actual salary will be based on the applicants experience and qualifications.
This is a full time position with a hybrid work schedule (2-3 days a week work from home and 2-3 days in the office) January – May and September – December. You are expected to live onsite at the camp property outside of Dorset June 1st – August 31st.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following by January 13, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply:
- Resume detailing your experience relevant to the position of Assistant Camp Director.
- Cover letter explaining how your skills and experience make you an excellent candidate for this position, and any additional information you feel would be beneficial to this hiring process.
Questions can be submitted to the email address above.
Moorelands Camp is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If information is required in alternate forms during the hiring process (i.e. larger text, face-to-face communication) please let us know.