Reporting to the Director, the Assistant Director will provide support to Camp Kitchikewana’s summer camp program (July-August). This includes, but is not limited to, supervision of managers and oversight of certain program and/or support departments. The Assistant Director will also provide leadership to any spring and fall Outdoor Education programs and rental groups. This includes, but is not limited to the development of safe, values-based programs that build assets in children, youth and families, the training and development of program staff and delivery of all aspects of the outdoor education program.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
- Ensure all spring and fall programs are delivered with high quality by Outdoor Center staff.
- Develop and deliver spring and fall staff training.
- Ensure programs are in line with the YMCA Values, YMCA Ontario Camping Quality Recommended Practices, and OPHEA guidelines.
- Develop strong relationships with new and existing Outdoor Center clients.
- Provide support to the Director during the summer camp season.
- Provide support to the Director for camper registration, staff hiring, staff training, and staff supervision.
Salary Range: $35,000 – $45,000
For a full job description and to apply follow the link