If Interested please submit an application to https://cavespringscamp.campbrainstaff.com/
Contract from May 1 until August 27th with potential for extension. Applicants are required to live on site. Room and board included.
Remuneration of $600 per week.
Purpose of Position
The Assistant Director takes part in overseeing the coordination and administration of the summer camp program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and monitoring program activities. Duties include program development, staff management, and ensuring site programs are carried out in a way that reflects the mission and values of Cave Springs Camp. The position reports directly to the Program Director.
Conditions of Employment for an Assistant Director
That the employee:
- Submits to a criminal reference check at their own expense no later than May 1st (if over 18).
- Provides proof of a current certification in either Emergency First Aid with CPR-C or Standard First Aid with CPR-C for infant/child/adult or equivalent from a WSIB accredited organization by May 1st.
- Agrees to the full term of employment and is available to work the appointed schedule.
- Attends and participates fully in all Staff Training programs; the Camp Director must be notified of all schedule conflicts as soon as possible.
- Agrees to live by and ensures the maintenance of all policies, procedures, and guidelines of Cave Springs Camp.
Responsibilities and Expectations of the Assistant Director
1, Program Delivery:
- Develop, organize, promote, and manage the implementation of programs to
- ensure they achieve Cave Springs Camp’s goals and mission
- Oversee, coordinate and manage the daily operations and program functions of the summer
- camp program
- Coordinate logistics for summer camp program scheduling i.e. job boards, breaks, coverage
- and group schedules
- Develop summer session themes to be carried out by the program team
- Plan and promote the Servanthood Leadership Program
- Liaise with parents for all summer camp program related questions and concerns
- Ensure that the summer camp program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure excellent parent and staff communication during the summer camp season;
- respond to concerns and requests, resolve issues, manage feedback and be accessible to parents who have questions pertaining to the summer camp and campers experience.
- Assist with daily registrations tasks and maintenance of camper documentation using CampBrain database.
- Be familiar with the principles of inclusivity and have experience with integrated programming for special needs campers.
- Assist in behaviour management for the summer camp program
- Ensure the provision of safe & adequate equipment, facilities & training to drive a fun, recreational and engaging camp program for campers.
- Ensure camp facilities are kept in clean and safe condition for campers and staff.
- Staffing and Leadership:
- Working with the Program Advisory Committee and Program Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff.
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Implement the human resources policies, COVID-19 policies, procedures and practices of the organization
- Implement a performance evaluation process established by Program Director for all program staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices
- Ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs
- Assist in planning and delivery of staff training for all summer camp program staff.
- Foster an effective and creative Christian work environment that supports staff and volunteer’s personal development, creativity, collaboration and transparency
- Supervise and delegate to program staff by providing direction, input, and feedback
- Marketing and Promotion:
- Represent and promote camp activities and facilities within the United Church and the community.
- Attend church presentations, job fairs, school visits, conferences to promote camp activities
- Promote programming activities to the school boards and other educational groups.
- The Program Coordinator is accountable to the Camp Director.
- Ongoing direction and supervision are provided by the Camp Director.