Have you always wanted to be someone’s superhero? Are you looking to make a positive impact with your leadership?
Club Kodiak is searching for an Assistant Director to join us on a full-time contract for summer 2022.
Club Kodiak is a unique vacation resort experience for young adults with Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and Autism Spectrum Disorder. We offer an in-depth life skills program, with a focus on social skills. We also have over 30 exciting activities. If you are interested in joining our team and would like to learn more about our program, please visit www.clubkodiak.com.
Assistant Director – 1
Responsibilities of the Assistant Director:
- Lead large group sessions weekly
- Be present in programming, instructing activities, and filling in for Advisors as needed
- Collect information for, plan, and distribute daily and weekly schedules
- Ensure each activity is properly staffed
- Guest Management:
- Build rapport with guests that promotes mutual respect
- Problem solve, de-escalate, and manage behaviour of guests needing office support
- Supporting cottage routines to observe challenges brought forward by Advisors and offering ideas and assistance where necessary
- Scan and send outgoing letters, digitally and by post
- Check guest email account for incoming letters to be printed out and organized into mailboxes
- Check mailbox and post office for incoming mail
- Day trips:
- Communicate with bus company to confirm bus trips
- Communicate with facility of day trip to confirm number of attendees
- Manage additional details of day trip (i.e. staff contact information, medical needs)
- Administrative Duties:
- Answer office phones and respond to e-mails
- Oversee all aspects of Club Kodiak when the Director is on day off
- Supervisory experience is an asset (1+ year)
- Previous overnight summer camp experience is an asset
- G-Class drivers licence and clean driving abstract an asset
Assistant Director – $4500 + $500 Completion Bonus
How to Apply:
The contract for this position begins on Friday, June 24, 2022 and concludes on September 4th, 2022. This position includes a competitive camp salary as well as room, board, and living expenses, as staff will be required to live on site in Burk’s Falls, Ontario for the duration of their contract.
We are currently interviewing for this position and would like to connect with you, so APPLY NOW! Submit an application at https://clubkodiak.campbrainstaff.com/.