Assistant Counsellor, Full Time
Daily Rate $45.83 (plus room & board)
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
June 26–September 2, 2022 (subject to change)
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited
about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a
unique opportunity for everyone. The Assistant Counsellor will support the counsellor in working directly with
campers, ensuring that there is a safe, fun and supportive recreational/educational setting for the campers.
Are you the right fit?
• Assists in the supporting and supervising of campers at all scheduled activities
• Assist in planning and implementing camp programs
• Assist in ensuring the needs of assigned campers are being met (including physical, emotional, social,
medical and nutritional)
• Assist in ensuring all equipment and supplies are used according to camp standards and ensure
work/program areas are free of hazards
• Assist Provides additional support to the larger team as needed
What else do you need?
• Must be at least 17 years of age or completed
grade 11 but not grade 12
• Standard First Aid & CPR C
• Bronze Cross
• Globally Harmonized System (will train)
• Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid
• National Lifeguard (NL)
Submit your cover letter and resume by March 11th, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be
thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully
immunized against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption.