Assistant Camp Director
Assistant Director – Swallowdale Camp
Swallowdale Camp International of Canadian International Student Services (CISS) is looking for our next amazing Assistant Director. Swallowdale Camp is a residential ESL and activity programme for international students. The successful candidate will have experience in education and administration, have strong organizational and problem solving skills and be a strong team builder and leader. Programming and supervisory experience in summer camps is an asset.
The Assistant Camp Director will generally be responsible for all matters in connection with the organisation and operation of the camp: including the implementation of the programme; supervising of staff and campers, and the safety and supervision of all persons.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with the Camp Director and Head Office to do whatever needs to be done to ensure the success of the program
- Programming, scheduling, supervising,
- Arranging arrivals and departures
- Interviewing and hiring competent and qualified staff as required and in accordance with the proposed budget
- Ensuring open lines of communication with maintenance staff, programme staff and central operations staff
- Staff oversight and development
The program runs from early July to Mid August. On site accommodation is provided for the Assistant Director while the camp is in operation. This position requires some preparation in the pre-season. Training from the CISS head office and the director is part of the preparation.
- Completed a post-secondary degree
- Previous supervisory experience, preferably in a camp setting
- Strong programming and leadership skills
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic, and able to take on responsibility
- Must enjoy working with children and youth
- Excellent customer service skills
- Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required
Interested applicants please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest; due to anticipated volumes, only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.