Assistant Camp Director
YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Assistant Camp Director, Full Time
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
May 31-September 5, 2021
Please note that the date for resuming Camp Stephens operations remains unknown at this time.
Public health restrictions and/or operational requirements may prevent our re-opening in 2021.
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As the Assistant Camp Director, you will oversee the administration and delivery of the Camp Stephens program.
Are you the right fit?
- Provide leadership, training and role modeling to all employees and volunteers
- Assist in the hiring process and lead employees in compliance with policies and procedures
- Able to implement and deliver all in-camp programming
- Perform budget management, report writing and various administrative duties
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What else do you need?
- Prior experience working at a camp
- Standard First Aid
- Bronze Cross
- Pleasure Craft License
- OCA Camp Marine Module Training Course
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid
- High Ropes Level 2, CanSail 2 or Equivalent
- Other outdoor activity certification
Submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
position open until filled
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.