Welcome to The Ivy!
Nestled in beautiful Lytton Park, The Ivy offers children ages 4-14 an enriching and intentional summer experience. The cornerstone of our summer camp is traditional, but the depth of our program is far from ordinary. Our staff provide campers with the foundation for building skills, character and self-esteem. As a member of our staff team, you will build unbreakable bonds with both campers and co-staff, develop essential leadership skills and have a summer experience like none other.
The Ivy is currently recruiting for the position of Archery Specialist
Activity Specialists are responsible for engaging campers in creative, innovative, unique, and inclusive programming for children in Pre-K to Grade 8, taking advantage of our great indoor and outdoor space! The emphasis at all activities is on safety, instruction, warmth, and of course, fun!
Essential Job Functions:
- Always maintain a safe environment for campers and staff at your activity.
- Ensure the safety of all camp members; their health and safety are your number one priority.
- Demonstrate and supervise the proper use of equipment.
- Develop and deliver a variety of creative programs that are appropriate for the age of the campers.
- Submit an activity plan for the entire summer to the program supervisor(s) and provide detailed program-plans each week.
- Ensure counsellors are included and participating in activities.
- Assist in the management and care of facilities and equipment.
- Look at the present inventory in order to decide what supplies must be ordered in consolation with the specialty supervisor(s).
- Keep an inventory of all supplies used or remaining supplies at the end of the week.
- Use prep/clean up time on your schedule productively and efficiently.
- Be enthusiastic and engaging.
- Be punctual and arrive at camp and at all activities on time.
- Networking Opportunities
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Personalized reference letters upon request (written individually and tailored to the program/future job you are applying for)
- Free hot lunches!
- Staff Recs and Social Events
- Competitive Camp Salary
We invite all qualified candidates to submit an application at www.theivy.ca/jobs We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
The Ivy Day Camp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the diversity of our camp community including differences in race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing such diversity.
Please note: The Ivy Day Camp adheres to the Core Values of the Ontario Camps Association:
Integrity – Demonstrating honesty and fairness at all times.
Respect – Recognizing and protecting the inherent worth of every person, including oneself.
Responsibility – Being dependable and accountable for choices, actions and commitments.
Inclusiveness – Fostering a sense of belonging for all.
Caring – Building relationships and demonstrating concern for the needs of others.
Openness – Ability and willingness to embrace new and different ideas and to be open to change.