Campfire Circle has offered healing through happiness for thousands of kids and families affected by childhood cancer since 1983. It’s where kids can be kids, and families can be families—engaging in camp-inspired community, in-hospital, and overnight camp programs, at no cost to them. As a privately funded organization, Campfire Circle donors make thousands of life-changing experiences possible for Campers throughout the year, all across Ontario.
Campfire Circle is currently seeking an Administrator, Programs to help support our dynamic programming team. The Administrator, Programs is accountable for camper and volunteer administration associated with the Program Department.
The Administrator, Programs reports to the Supervisor, Program Administration & Family Liaison, and helps to achieve Camp’s vision to:
- Provide the safest and most enriching year-round camp experience for children living with cancer, and
- Provide kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences.
The key accountabilities of this role include:
- Camper Administration
- Support the camper and family registration process.
- Process and approve camper and family paperwork including but not limited to family waivers and new family enrollment forms.
- Arrange transportation for camper programs, as well as the meals for campers on the buses.
- Attend bus departures to support with camper attendance and flow.
- Email program related communications to families.
- Prepare and track camper attendance at programs.
- Responsible for accuracy of camper and family information in the program database.
- Support with administration and care packages mailed to bereaved families.
- Camper Recruitment
- Coordinate camper family recruitment calls, inviting more families to join programs.
- Support with recruitment efforts at hospitals and community partners across the province.
- Track new patient inquiries in database and initiate follow up.
- Support database manager in sending targeted recruitment emails to camper families.
- Knowledgeable and able to support in all database functions for camper recruitment (tracking calls, notes, creating new tasks).
- General Administrative Support
- Working with the volunteer team, process and approve volunteer paperwork.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating mailings for campers.
- Support with the management of program calendars and booking of spaces.
- Oversee lost and found collection and return for campers and volunteers.
- Occasional Office reception relief.
- Participate in the database taskforce to assist in database enhancements.
- Coordinate documentation management for the program department.
- Responsible for database clean up and maintenance.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Significant experience working with a database.
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience.
- Excellent accuracy and organization.
- Experienced in handling sensitive and confidential situations directly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- A proven ability to work independently with the flexibility to take on a wide variety of assigned duties and projects.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated professional, judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Strong interpersonal skillset.
- High attention to detail and initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to exceptional client service.
- Current G2 or G class driver’s license, and insurable under Campfire Circle’s driving insurance policy.
- Current police reference check and vulnerable sector screening
In accordance with our mandate of creating a caring and safe environment for ill children and their families, we require attestation of childhood vaccinations, updated Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screening, and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 for all of our staff. We also require that all staff be currently eligible to work in Canada.
- Working knowledge of CampSite database.
- Experience working for a camp or non-profit organization.
- Post-secondary education.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- In consideration of the population we serve, the incumbent is a non-smoker.
- This role will be hybrid work from requiring 2-3 days per week in-person presence at our office at 464 Bathurst St. Toronto.
- Routine weekend commitments, and occasional evenings required.
- Will require some travel within Ontario.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive annual salary range of $40,000 – $45,000. In addition, Campfire Circle is invested in our staff’s health, wellness and career growth and to support this we offer a comprehensive benefits package (premiums fully paid by the organization with the exception of Long Term Disability), a wellness benefit up to $500 annually, paid vacation time plus a paid winter shutdown period up to eight days, flexible hybrid work arrangements and on-going professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume and expected salary to email@example.com with the email subject reading 2023016 –Administrator, Programs.
Don’t meet every single requirement in this posting? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or requirement we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate!
This posting will remain open until filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Campfire Circle, please visit www.campfirecircle.org – No phone calls please.
ACCESSIBILITY & DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Campfire Circle is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous People of North America and the world, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to providing equitable opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment.
We are equally committed to providing an inclusive and accessible workplace. Applicants requiring accommodations to access our job postings and apply for roles with our organization are invited to reach out to our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or in a manner that fits their accessibility needs, and can trust that their application will be considered equitably for our available roles. Contact information for our HR Team is located on our website at https://campfirecircle.org/about-campfire-circle/careers/, and more information about our accessibility commitments can be found at https://campfirecircle.org/about-campfire-circle/accessibility-at-campfire-circle/.
Campfire Circle is grateful for Indigenous communities’ stewardship of the land that we occupy—including the traditional territory of many nations including the Anishnabeg, the Chippewas, the Haudenosaunee peoples, and many other diverse First Nations, Inuit and Metis peoples. We aspire to be deserving stewards of the land, in partnership with them.