Role: Administrative Director, Camp Oconto
Location: Mid-September to late May in Toronto. Late May to mid-September at Camp Oconto in Tichborne, Ontario (the role requires living on site at camp from late May to mid-September).
Start date: April 2022
Contract: this is a 1 year contract position with the potential to transition to a full time permanent position after 1 year.
Salary: $60,000 per year. Pay is bi-weekly through direct deposit.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Camp Directors (Bronwyn and Ted).
- Communication with camper families and staff (phone, email and in person).
- Logistics coordination (for example: of transportation- buses, planes, canoe trips, hospital trips, etc.).
- Administration of tuck bills (adding items to each camper/staff tuck bill).
- Photography: spend time each day in the summer out and about around camp taking pictures. Downloading these photos and sorting through them on a minimum weekly basis to an “invisible” gallery on Bunk1 and also to a shared drive.
- Creation of a social media calendar for Camp Oconto with planned posts for the coming year.
- Paraphernalia organization and distribution.
- Procurement of supplies for camp (for example: activity supplies).
- Organization with regards to Staff contracts and qualifications.
- Industry participation and relationship building (for example: with the Ontario Camps Association (OCA)).
- Document maintenance: policy updates etc.
- Pre-Camp: support the planning and execution of the annual Pre-Camp Staff training week.
- Alumnae relations: help plan and execute events; help with Dining Hall plaques- generational and years at camp; ECHO alumnae newsletter planning and editing.
- Marketing: creative for marketing materials. Participation in marketing events such as Information Sessions; trade shows etc.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- High proficiency in CampBrain software (training will be provided if not already familiar).
- Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check dated no earlier than March 2022.
- G driver’s license.
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR C an asset.
- A genuine love for camping, the outdoors and working with children & youth.
Camp Oconto thanks all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Camp Oconto is committed to employment equity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. If you require an accommodation at any point during the hiring process, please let us know so that we can work with you to meet your needs. All personal information will be handled with strict confidence.