Administrative Assistant, Work Permit Team
Join the Work Permit Team at Camp Canada!
Camp Canada is an award-winning international staffing agency for Canadian summer camps and outdoor education organizations.
We are looking for an organized, efficient, and detail-oriented individual to join our Work Permit Team to assist in helping international camp counsellors experience summer camp in Canada! This person will have the opportunity to learn from and influence a fast-growing company and be a part of a fun, dynamic work culture.
The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Work Permit Team to help deliver a smooth, simple immigration process for international staff and camp directors. The Administrative Assistant will be expected to assist with moving our international participants through the necessary stages in our CRM system and assist with the day-to-day operations.
Please visit our websites and social media channels to find out more information about our company.
- Provide support to the Work Permit Team to help deliver a smooth, simple immigration process for international staff and camp directors.
- Assist with moving our international participants through the necessary stages in our CRM system (online portal).
- Create filters and run reports on our portal to identify participants in specific stages and efficiently move them through the work permit process.
- Verify identity documents (i.e passports) submitted to our portal.
- Follow up with participants via email who are missing documents and/or who have not completed certain tasks that are required.
- Ensure accounts are set up correctly in our portal with proper documentation.
- Maintain an organized electronic file system of documents.
- Run weekly status reports to better assess productivity and to identify any inefficiencies.
- Actively participate in company and team meetings.
- Work Permit/Immigration knowledge is not required
- Dedication to keeping organized with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and work independently as a self-starter
- Able to move between different focuses as and when required
- Demonstrate creativity, leadership, initiative, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Contribute to a positive working environment
- Able to work long hours during busy periods
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with continuous changes and adjustments, especially in light of the effect COVID may have on cultural exchange programs in 2022
- Excited about the core mission and values of Camp Canada, and demonstrate a clear understanding of the program
- Personable, engaging and able to connect with participants when needed
- Proficient in G-suite, Slack, Mailchimp
- Experience in or comfortable using CRM software
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in an administrative role is an asset
- Experience working at a camp or within the outdoor industry is very beneficial
- Experience travelling and/or working abroad is an asset
- The ability to communicate in Spanish is an asset
Dates of Employment:
- Ideal start date: As soon as possible. Ideally, before the end of March 2022
- Contract length: 3-4 months
- Annual: $34,000 – $35,000. Prorated based on contract length. The daily rate of pay will be between $131 and $135 depending on experience.
- The first two weeks of employment will be on an hourly trial basis.
- Flexible work schedule with work from home options
- Open plan, comfortable and bright office located in midtown Toronto
- A thriving company culture driven by highly invested staff
- Apple MacBook laptop provided for all employees
- Casual dress
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Carly at email@example.com.