Camp Canada is an award-winning international staffing agency for Canadian summer camps and outdoor education organizations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to assist with participant placements and work directly with our camp directors in our Account Manager position. This person will have the opportunity to learn from and influence a fast-growing company and be a part of a fun, dynamic work culture.
The Account Manager will be expected to place international staff at Canadian camps/outdoor education centres and sell other international staffing services to camp directors. The Account Manager will provide support to camp staff when they arrive in Canada and ongoing support to camp directors throughout the year.
Please visit our websites and social media channels to find out more information about our company.
- Secure work placements for international participants at camps and outdoor education centres (Sales)
- Connect with directors over the phone, virtual conference calls, email and meet with them in person
- Decide on suitable camp placement matches for international staff
- Develop client relationships
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with directors and other Camp Canada stakeholders.
- Understand the directors’ interest in hiring through the program, and the unique preferences they have for their camp staffing
- Sell additional international staffing services provided by Camp Canada (e.g. certification courses, health insurance policies)
- Identify sources of new potential partnerships and growth
- Help deliver virtual international staff orientations
- Utilize company database to keep track of sales information and participant program information
- Review and provide feedback on company services
- Actively participate in and help lead company meetings
- Potentially attend camp visits to check-in with participants during the summer months as well as connect with directors on how staff are doing in the roles
- Personable, engaging, and able to connect with camp directors via multiple channels
- Be able to approach problems critically and come up with creative solutions
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with continuous changes and adjustments, especially in light of the effect COVID may have on cultural exchange programs in 2022
- Complete tasks in a timely manner, while staying organized
- Demonstrate leadership, initiative, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
- Contribute to a positive working environment
- Dedication to keeping organized and to upholding a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Able to work long hours during busy periods, preferred time zone EST or willingness to work EST hours.
- Excited about the core mission and values of Camp Canada, and demonstrate a clear understanding of the program
Dates of Employment:
- Ideal start date: As soon as possible. Ideally, before the end of March, 2022
- Contract end date of July 1, 2022 with the potential to extend to a permanent year round position
- Annual: $40,000 – $42,000 . Prorated based on contract length. The daily rate of pay will be between $154 and $162 depending on experience.
- The first two weeks of employment will be on an hourly trial basis.
- Flexible work schedule with work from home options
- Open plan, comfortable and bright office located in midtown Toronto
- A thriving company culture driven by highly invested staff
- Apple MacBook laptop provided for all employees
- Sales experience is an asset
- Specific experience in a recruiter-type role, sourcing candidates and connecting them to job roles, is an asset
- Experience working at a camp or within the outdoor industry for at least two camp seasons (4+ months) is important
- The ability to speak French and/or Spanish is very beneficial
- Experience attending a camp as a camper is an asset
- Experience travelling and/or working abroad is an asset
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or someone in possession of a valid open work permit that will allow employment until at least July 1st, 2022
- Able to communicate in English
How to Apply:
- Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Include in a cover letter: Explain any relevant sales experience and reasons why you would perform well in this role. Provide information about past work experience as a staff at a Summer Camp or Outdoor Education organization.
- Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview
- We will continue to advertise the position until it has been filled
Camp Canada is committed to adhering to local Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions, and we have Covid-19 policies and procedures in place. In person office policies will change as government-related Covid-19 policies change and develop. We will share our Covid-19 office policies with candidates before they are officially offered the position.